7 Reasons to Use Liquid I.V. by Kayleigh Christina
Written by Kayleigh Christina
It’s easy to feel dehydrated but not as easy to replenish your body. In our busy lives, we can feel the effects of dehydration anywhere from having brain fog, lack of energy, feeling bloated and swollen, mood swings, and dry skin. These are all signs of dehydration. The easy fix is to drink more water, right? Sometimes it’s easier said than done. Sometimes we are running around all day and simply don’t leave ourselves enough time to fill up our water bottle, sometimes we are doing a strenuous workout for the day and it feels like no amount of water will replenish what we need.
Enter Liquid I.V.
Liquid I.V.'s Cellular Transport Technology uses a specific ratio of potassium, sodium, and glucose to deliver water and other key nutrients directly to your bloodstream. It hydrates you 2-3x faster and more efficiently than water alone.
Liquid I.V. keeps it simple and uses science and nature to do its work in your body. The main ingredients are pure cane sugar, mined salt, and potassium. When mixed with water the benefits are incredible! It has 3x the electrolytes of traditional sports drinks (with much less sugar and calories), no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors or flavors, 100% vegan, free of gluten, dairy and soy, and contains 11 essential vitamins and minerals, 110% daily value of Vitamins C, B3, B5, B6, and B12.
Before you get scared off by the little bit of cane sugar in the product, know that this is a key ingredient that works in conjunction with the sodium to accelerate the absorption of water in your bloodstream.
Results: Rapid hydration and restorative benefits
7 REASONS TO USE LIQUID I.V. & THE BENEFITS
1. TRAVELING – Traveling via airplanes is naturally dehydrating because your body is exposed to physiological changes due to the change in altitude. Aircraft cabins are unnaturally low in humidity, usually less than 20%, which is less than the Sahara Desert! That explains why your skin, eyes, lips, and nose are always extra dry. Try having a Liquid I.V. when you get to the airport in preparation for your flight to decrease the effects of dehydration when you land.
2. EXERCISING – Your ability to exercise and perform significantly decreases when you are dehydrated. Losing more than 5% of body weight from dehydration can decrease your ability to work out by close to 30%. Your muscles and energy level become exhausted within minutes when not properly hydrated. Try having a Liquid I.V. shortly before you engage in a workout.
3. INCREASE FOCUS & CONCENTRATION – Your brain is approximately 85% water and brain function depends on having abundant access to water. “Water gives the brain the electrical energy for all brain functions, including thought and memory processes. When your brain is functioning on a full reserve of water, you will be able to think faster, be more focused, and experience greater clarity and creativity.” According to Dr. Corinne Allen, founder of the Advanced Learning and Development Institute.
4. HELP CURE A HANGOVER – One of the major causes of a hangover is dehydration. It is a by-product of your body attempting to restore fluid and electrolyte balance in your body. Try having a Liquid I.V. in a giant glass of water before heading to bed and another in the morning when you have had a few glasses of alcohol to decrease the effects of a hangover and help restore your body.
5. INCREASE ENERGY – When we are dehydrated we lose 30% of our energy. It can cause us to become sleepy, lethargic, and become difficult to partake in daily activities. When you have had a strenuous day and have not stayed properly hydrated, try having a Liquid I.V. in water to replenish your body and energy levels.
6. ACHIEVE HEALTHY GLOWING SKIN – Dehydration triggers changes in the oil glands which causes dull, dry, and acne prone skin. It also makes wrinkles and pores more prominent. Your skin requires water to work effectively and give you that young healthy glow. Try increasing your water intake and adding in Liquid I.V. for extra skin hydration.
7. REDUCE STRESS & ANXIETY – When we are dehydrated our cells feel it and can actually induce anxiety and nervousness as a threat to survival. Since 85% of brain tissue is water. Dehydration causes energy generation in the brain to decrease and leads to increased stress and anxiety. In situations where your stress and anxiety level may be at an all-time high, try a Liquid I.V. in your water and remember to increase your water intake for the day!
How do you use Liquid I.V.? Have you noticed benefits after adding it into your routine?
About the Contributor: Kayleigh Christina is a Holistic Nutrition Health Coach and Wellness Blogger living in Southern California. She shares her love for all things wellness; is as authentic a person as you will find; encourages #nonegativity; and inspires many along the way to living their healthiest and happiest life!